IWM Duxford Military Vehicle Show

Caddy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got recovered at 2:30am this morning after waiting since 5:30pm yesterday

Many thanks to the Gruard house staff for letting me kip in the reseption rather than

carrying on kipping in the Snatch and supplying a much needed cuppa.

Not sure I will be recomending the Rac to anyone in the near future

Finally got recovered at 2:30am this morning after waiting since 5:30pm yesterday

Many thanks to the Gruard house staff for letting me kip in the reseption rather than

carrying on kipping in the Snatch and supplying a much needed cuppa.

Not sure I will be recomending the Rac to anyone in the near future

Thats awful service. I broke down in my M37 on the way back from Overlord and the AA were there within 30 mins. Really helpful service and then towed us back. So AA recommended by me

Had a great day and have to say that my favourite vehicle running round the airfield was this:

Hope you all had a great day.

It did not run very far but they were still grinning.

I believe they recovered it later with a Militant

Mike

DSC03965.jpg

Thats awful service. I broke down in my M37 on the way back from Overlord and the AA were there within 30 mins. Really helpful service and then towed us back. So AA recommended by me

I couldn't in all honesty say the AA are any good. Not whn I'm asked hwere is the M25! My advice over the years is gGreen Flag. If they don't get there in an hour, 50

im with the AA always been on time . bought out lorry to carry my lightweight home on, came out to my jeep which wouldnt start and the mechanic spent over an hour on it he enjoyed working on it that much i think he would have given it a full rebuild if i had let him , and came out to the hospital at 1AM to give my little suzuki jimny a jump .it was 6 inch deep in snow and i was so tired and wanted to get home after watching my daughter being born .a very very nice man ;)

Hands up all those who would like to see some pictures.

No Ok fine I will not bother then.

Mike

Changed my mind you can suffer them:-D

Thought I would try some black and white

Despite the first being colour it actually black and white

Mike

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

DSC04023.jpg

I don't think anyone knew that the champ went part way round backwards. Nothing was mentioned.

I loved the Karrier mobile control tower, that was beautiful.

The little tracked carrier is apparently available as a kit.

We had the Landie geared up and ready to go - then on Sat morning I got a phone call from the guy who does the servicing work on the Bentley - he had a free slot in his schedule to look at the rear suspension, could I bring it down on Sunday morning.. Bang went the trip to Duxford... :(